Here are some things that may be helpful to know if you are visiting us:
- During most of the year, we have two weekly services: Bread ☩ Belonging at 9 am (September through May), and our Choral Eucharist service at 10:30 am. There are refreshments and social time after each service.
- During the summer, we have one service at 10 am. (In 2019, this schedule began on May 26 and ended on September 8. The schedule for 2020 has not yet been set.)
- Child care is available for both services in the Alumni/ae Room on the main level.
- People dress in T-shirts and jeans, suits and dresses, and everything in between. Come as you are comfortable!
- Our services are in the Lutheran tradition, meaning that every week we hear scripture readings, reflect on them, and have communion (also called eucharist). A printed program will help guide you through the service. Also, we love to sing!
- We use inclusive language—e.g., substituting “people” for “men”—in order to express our oneness in Christ, to use more inclusive terms about our community, and to expand our images of God.
- People of all ages are welcome to take communion; read more about Communion at UniLu.
- We feel a strong call to social justice work, for example shelter and sanctuary work; talk to Pastor Reed (or anyone you meet) about how to get involved.
- Read more about our services, including ways to get involved.