Here are some things that may be helpful to know if you are visiting us:
- As of August 15, 2021, we have one weekly service at 10:30 am, available both in-person and online. There are refreshments and social time before and after the service.
- Child care is usually available in the Alumni/ae Room on the main level, but has been suspended during the coronavirus pandemic.
- People dress in T-shirts and jeans, suits and dresses, and everything in between. Come as you are comfortable!
- Our services are in the Lutheran tradition, meaning that every week we hear scripture readings, reflect on them, and have communion (also called eucharist). A printed program will help guide you through the service. Also, we love to sing!
- We use inclusive language—e.g., substituting “people” for “men”—in order to express our oneness in Christ, to use more inclusive terms about our community, and to expand our images of God.
- People of all ages are welcome to take communion; read more about Communion at UniLu.
- We feel a strong call to social justice work, for example shelter and sanctuary work; talk to Pastor Reed (or anyone you meet) about how to get involved.
- Read more about our services, including ways to get involved.