Anti-Racism Task Force
In light of UniLu’s ongoing commitment to living our our faith by working for justice, the Anti-Racism Task Force meets every Wednesday at 7:30 pm. This group discusses ways to address what we can do to grow our understanding of and action around racism and racial injustice in our own communities and in the United States. For connection information, see the UniLu Calendar. With questions or to be added to the group’s email list, contact Pastor Kathleen O’Keefe Reed.
By Pastor Kathleen O’Keefe Reed
- Sermon by the Rev. Kathleen O’Keefe Reed, June 14, 2020
- Albs, Advent, and White Supremacy (PDF), by the Rev. Kathleen O’Keefe Reed, October 16, 2019
- Prayer Practice: Nine Minutes of Silent Meditation in remembrance of George Floyd… (PDF), by the Rev. Kathleen O’Keefe Reed, June 2020
From the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
- ELCA Commemoration of the Emanuel Nine, worship, and racial justice resource page
- Sermon by the Rev. Elizabeth Eaton, presiding bishop of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, June 7, 2020
From Partner Organizations
- Greater Boston Interfaith Organization website
- Massachusetts Council of Churches One Church Fund – for the financial, practical, and relational support of immigrant, Black, poor, unhoused, and unaffiliated churches.
Suggested by UniLu Staff and Members
- Dear Church: A Love Letter from a Black Preacher to the Whitest Denomination in the U.S., by Lenny Duncan. Pr. Duncan spoke at University Lutheran in September 2019.
- From Freedom Rides to Ferguson: Narratives of Nonviolence in the American Civil Rights Movement – free online course from Emory University, beginning June 17, 2020
- On Being with Krista Tippett: Robin DiAngelo and Resmaa Menakem in Conversation (podcast with transcript), July 9, 2020