To do our part in “flattening the curve” of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, worship services held in our building will be discontinued from Sunday, March 15, 2020 until further notice. The building will also be closed to all users and activities except for the Harvard Square Homeless Shelter and the Cambridge Interfaith Sanctuary Coalition.
But there is good news: worship is moving online! We will offer a Sunday service at 10:30 am that can be accessed remotely. Think of this as “house worship,” where we are all in our homes connected through the magic of technology.
For the service, we will use Zoom, a video conferencing platform that allows participants to see and/or hear each other via the Internet. Use your computer, smartphone, or “regular” phone to connect using the instructions below.
For general information on using Zoom, visit “How Do I Join a Meeting?” on the Zoom website.
Connecting on Sundays at 10:30 am
To connect by computer or smartphone:
From a computer or smartphone, click on the link below, under the heading “Join Zoom Meeting,” which will then either cue you to download the Zoom software or will open a previously downloaded version of the Zoom application for you. At that point, you may need to enter the “Meeting ID” and/or the “Password,” both of which are listed under the link.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 829 867 594
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,829867594# US (Chicago)
+16465588656,,829867594# US (New York)
To connect by telephone on Sundays at 10:30 am
Using your telephone, under “Dial by Your Location” below, simply dial the number for the location closest to you and then enter the meeting ID underneath it. In this method, you will be able to hear all participants in the meeting as well as to speak, though you won’t see anyone.
Dial by your location
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US
+1 301 715 8592 US
Meeting ID: 829 867 594
To View or Print the Bulletin
A link to the bulletin will be posted before each Sunday’s service.
To print the bulletin from your computer:
- Right-click (on a PC) or control-click (on a Mac) on the link when it is posted.
- Choose “Save Link As” (if using the Chrome or Firefox web browser), “Download Linked File” (if using the Safari web browser), or “Save target as…” (if using Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge).
- The file will be saved to your Downloads folder or prompt you to select a folder.
- Locate the file on your computer, and double-click to open it in Preview (on a Mac) or Adobe Reader or Acrobat (on a PC).
- Choose “Print” from the File menu. The bulletin can be printed on 13 letter-sized (8 1/2″ x 11″) pages.